Wednesday, October 3, 2007

THE OL' MUNDANE

No one has commented on any of my blogs, although i get considerable attention at editred.com. But I will continue to put stuff up here occasionally. There is really nothing to draw people to this obscure corner of the Internet, and I refuse to slip toward crowd-pleasing sensationalism, other than to say that the fscking bear tore my apple tree up and I am going to even the score. We've had a long and prosperous (for him! that ursine ugliness!) relationship and even though my place is named "sanctuary" my patience is horribly, terribly, thin right now.

Oh, if it came right down to watching him walk across my field of fire, I would probably withhold my fire. Damn! If I'd'a seen him yesterday when i discovered the damage, I might have had some bear meat, a nice bear rug, some bear grease, a bear bone to wear around my neck on a chain, and some claws to set in carvings. Some teeth? A nice new bear skull! Etc. Today I am a bit calmer.

Some day -- if I get even ONE comment -- I will write the story of the Bear Who Understood and publish it here.

No comments: